2011 Girls Southern Showcase
To participate in a NCAA-certified event all participating coaches' in the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and High School divisions, are required to register both coaches and team through the LexisNexis Application for Participant Approval and the NCAA Basketball Certification System (BBCS).
LexisNexis - Coach Approval Certification Process
Coaches, Assistant Coaches and team personnel (up to three people) wanting to sit on the team bench at a NCAA sanctioned event must complete the NCAA Coaches' Approval Program. This process may take up to seven business days to approve.
The approval process involves the following:
- Online application
- NCAA Rule Test
- Criminal Background Check
Basketball Certification System (BBCS) - NCAA Team Registration
Teams participating in a NCAA certified event must register their team and choose the event through the BBCS. Coaches will be able to make team, coach and player edits through this site by using his/her Username & Password.
- If you have not logged in before you will need to choose "New Coach Admin"
- Make a note of your Username & Password; you will need this information several times in the future!
- If you have logged in before enter your Username & Password.
- If you do not remember your Username & Password click on Recover Username & Password and it will email your information to the email address you specified when you registered.
- Click on "Create Team" and answer required questions. Click Save.
- Choose "Edit Assistant Coaches"; add each assistant coach's name. They will not be allowed to sit on the bench if they are not in the system and certified. Click Save.
- Click on "Edit Athletes". Click "Add Athletes" button and repeat for each athlete. Click Save. You will need athlete's home address, phone number and school information. An athlete may not have the same address or phone number as the coach or another athlete unless they physically live together.
- Click "Choose Team Events". You will then be directed to a page that includes all NCAA approved events. If you do not click the event you will not be officially registered through the NCAA.
- Click Save. If you do not save the information you will not be registered for the PrimeTime event.
Things you need to know:
Only those that are NCAA approved are permitted to sit on the team bench during a NCAA certified event. The NCAA requires that this rule be enforced and on-site staff will direct those non-compliant to leave the team bench, NO EXCEPTIONS.
If you applied for your BBCS and were:
- Certified at any time during the year 2009 you will need to re-apply in 2011
- Certified in 2010 you will need to re-apply in January 2012
- Certified in 2011 you will need to re-apply in January 2013